Secret Studio Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 These terms and conditions apply to all visitors to Secret Studio, to all players of the Secret Studio game and to all users of the escapeintime.co.uk website.
- 1.2 You are accepting these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and all members of your team.
- 1.3 The website www.escapeintime.co.uk (THE WEBSITE) and the Secret Studio Game (THE GAME) are owned and run by Okarito (UK) Ltd, trading as EscapeInTime, a Limited company registered in England and Wales whose registration no is 4237128 and whose registered address is 36 Ritherdon Road, London, SW17 8QF, telephone 01932 918636 (ESCAPEINTIME).
- 1.4 These terms and conditions may be amended or varied by ESCAPEINTIME at any time at our sole discretion without prior notice.
- 1.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
- 1.6 These terms and conditions and any contract incorporating them will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and any dispute arising will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The currency of all transactions will be in Pounds Sterling (GBP).
- 1.7 Nothing contained in any contract is intended to be enforceable pursuant to the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party.
- 1.8 All the terms of any contract are included within these terms and conditions.
- 1.9 THE WEBSITE may contain links to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of ESCAPEINTIME’s control and you use them at your own risk.
- 1.10 The contents of THE WEBSITE are the property of ESCAPEINTIME. You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of ESCAPEINTIME and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of owner’s rights.
2 SECURITY, PRIVACY AND COOKIES
- 2.1 You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. ESCAPEINTIME will take reasonable care to protect the security of any payment card information, but shall not be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- 2.2 ESCAPEINTIME collects and stores your personal details but will not intentionally disclose them to any 3rd party.
- 2.3 Save for a full refund of any monies paid, ESCAPEINTIME shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out your relationship with ESCAPEINTIME.
- 2.4 ESCAPEINTIME may contact you from time to time in relation to your visit. Unless you request otherwise ESCAPEINTIME may also contact you with offers and promotions via email or phone. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know via the “More Information” section of the booking form, or within the content of any message you send us.
3 THE GAME
- 3.1 THE GAME relies on confidentiality and discretion from its players. You agree to not make any recordings of THE GAME or take any photographs inside Secret Studio. We also ask that you take great care when describing your experience to others to not give anything away that might spoil the fun.
- 3.2 You absolutely agree to not publish, or allow to be published, any details of THE GAME.
- 3.3 You and your team participate in THE GAME entirely at your own risk.
- 3.4 You and your team will be instructed before participating in THE GAME by a Gamesmaster (GAMESMASTER) who represents ESCAPEINTIME. The GAMESMASTER will explain the rules of THE GAME. You and your team agree to follow these rules.
- 3.5 You and your team should wear comfortable clothes. High heeled shoes are not permitted in THE GAME.
- 3.6 ESCAPEINTIME is not liable for any damage to persons or equipment caused by misuse of Secret Studio or its contents, or caused by the failure of any team-member to follow the rules of THE GAME.
- 3.7 You agree to pay the price of your team’s participation in THE GAME as stated on THE WEBSITE minus any discounts enabled by SECRET CODES that have been issued to you by ESCAPEINTIME.
- 3.8 Payment is to be made immediately upon booking, using one of the payment methods indicated on THE WEBSITE.
- 3.9 It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of your booking.
- 3.10 You are entirely responsible for the accuracy of information entered on the Online Booking Form.
- 3.11 You agree to pay ESCAPEINTIME reasonable costs relating to damage to property that is intentional or caused by intentional misuse of any items or that results from you or your team failing to follow instructions given by the GAMESMASTER.
- 3.12 Bookings can only be made by people over the age of 18 years.
- 3.13 Children under fourteen years old are not permitted to participate in THE GAME. Each team must contain at least one person over the age of sixteen.
- 3.14 Confirmation of your booking will only be sent by email to the email address entered on the Online Booking Form. It is your responsibility to notify us if you do not receive this email within twelve hours of booking.
- 3.15 If your team arrives more than 10 minutes late, your participation in THE GAME will be cancelled and no refund will be paid.
- 3.16 Anyone under the influence of Alcohol or drugs may be refused admission to THE GAME at the GAMESMASTER’s absolute discretion. No refund will be paid
- 3.17 THE GAME is a live event, so once the booking is confirmed you will not be entitled to any refund or rescheduling.
- 3.18 If fewer people attend THE GAME than have been booked, no refund will be given. You accept that enjoyment of THE GAME will be seriously hindered if less than three people play.